RØDE Microphones (Rode PSA1) is an Australian owned based in Sydney, just 20km west of Sydney’s downtown area and right near the home of the Sydney 2000 Olympics. The firm is well known for its audio devices and accessories product comprising three warehouses with a total footprint of over 110,000 square feet. Aside from their main campus, they also have homes in Los Angeles, New York, London, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Seoul.
The company offers microphones, wireless audio devices, accessories, and even software. According to RØDE, they will continue to innovate, to create new products and categories, to improve production and service, and, ultimately, to inspire millions to realize their creative vision with cutting-edge, precision-quality, accessible microphones, and accessories.
About the Rode PSA1
RODE PSA1 is one of the professional accessories, specifically boom arm, of RØDE Microphones. The PSA1 is a studio boom arm for radio, broadcast, studio, and even home or personal use. This boom arm offers a horizontal reach of 820mm (32 inches), a vertical reach of 840mm (33 inches) and full 360-degree rotation. What a flexible accessory, right? This will really maximize your tasks.
In addition to that, the Rode PSA1 swivel mount studio microphone boom arm is supplied with velcro cable wraps and both desk-clamp and desk-insert style attachments for adaptable mounting in desks up to 55mm thick (clamp) or 70mm (insert). According to the company, this accessory is actually designed for the RODE Procaster and Podcaster. The Rode PSA1 boom arm or stand supports most microphones weighing between 700g (1.5lb) and 1.1kg (2.4lb) when combined with shock mount. However, you have to note that the PSM1 shock mount is sold separately.
And speaking of buying the PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm, there are things you might want to consider before buying it. Amazon as the only and official seller of the product and the distributing process is exclusive and authorized fulfilled By Amazon Dealer. Purchases from unauthorized dealers carry No Warranty and sorry to say, RØDE Microphones will not give any guarantee. If you need more information on how this microphone boom arm stakcs up against others, check out our Top 10 Best Microphone Boom Arm Reviews here.
Specs of the Product
Aside from the buying techniques or procedures, of course, you want to know the specification of the RODE PSA1 swivel mount studio microphone boom arm. So to start, here are the things you must read first before you purchase. This accessory is designed by the company as a 2-axis swivel mount for accurate positioning. Its dimension is 100.00mmH x 0.00mmW x 0.00mmD or 21.2 x 3.8 x 8.8 inches while its weight is 1.74kg or 3.84lbs.
The Rode PSA1 boom arm is the professional way to mount your microphone to a studio desk. It can also work with almost any mic on the market even it is from another microphone company. And in addition, it can hold up to 4.4 lbs that include 3/8-inch threaded mic clip.
When you buy this accessory, you will not just get the stand itself but you will also have the complete paraphernalia needed such as the following:
- desk insert
- desk clamp
- velcro tags
- attachment pin
- thumb screws
- locking nut
The RODE PSA1 offers a choice of two desk mounting options, using either the desk clamp or desk insert.
Mounting via the Desk Clamp
- Unscrew the clamp so that the opening is large enough to fit over the edge of your table.
- Push the clamp all the way onto the table edge for maximum security.
- Fasten the clamp to the desk by turning the handle so that it is tight against the underside of the table.
- Note: Make sure that the clamp sits flush on both the top and bottom surfaces of the table. If this can not be achieved, we recommend you mount the studio arm via the desk insert.
- Test that you have mounted the clamp securely by seeing if you can pull it off the edge of the table. Tables with round edges provide less security than those with square edges. If the clamp comes off easily, try reattaching it tighter and repeat the test. If it still removes easily, we recommend that you mount the studio arm via the desk insert.
- Insert the arm into the hole at the top of the clamp. You are now ready to attach your microphone.
Mounting via the Desk Insert
- Take the time to choose the best location for your new studio arm. Try different positions using the desk clamp first so you are comfortable with the location you have chosen.
- Mark the location you wish to position the desk insert and check that it meets the minimum and maximum recommended distances.
- Use either a 7/8” or 1” hole cutter and drill out a hole in the location you have marked.
- Remove the nut from the desk insert and drop it into the hole you have just made.
- Replace the nut onto the desk insert from the underside of the table and tighten it up against the table.
- Test that you have tightened the desk insert securely to the table so that it does not move.
- Insert the arm into the hole in the top of the desk insert. You are now ready to attach your microphone.
Reviews on the Product
This product is really on top of the list of the best microphone boom arms 2019. And to prove you that, here are some reviews from customers on Amazon.
Everything about this product is professional and made with excellent quality.
Love this stand/arm I use it for my gaming/streaming and it’s amazing never have had a problem
This is the best boom arm I have owned. This arm is made high quality, you can tell the metal won’t bend or break from use. If you’re thinking about this arm just go for it. It is worth the extra money to have the quality.
This arm is awesome. It’s secured to my desk with the included clamp and is solid as a rock. I move my mic around constantly as I stream daily on twitch.tv/Stubakka and along with the NT USB mic and shock mount, this is a great quality arm at a good price and a great investment if your a twitch streamer or podcaster.
This stand is FLAWLESS! I originally had a NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom but that one had a variety of flaws. Now one may look at this and say it’s a lot of money. True, but the quality is AMAZING! This swivel mount is able to hold my Blue Yeti mic. The arm can extend at a 45-degree angle so there’s a lot of play room with this mic. I truly recommend this swivel mount for those who are looking for a reliable mount for your mic.